- Wilshire Park and Community Center water conservation poster contest in the Fall
- Ecology Club will return for 4th & 5th graders at Wilshire in Fall
- Alan Anderson
- Future idea: city ordinance
- no styrofoam
- Middle/High School has recycling in lunchroom and ordering recyclable plastics
- Spring Lake Park schools have a relationship with the local EMS–perhaps integrate in SAVNB
- Reach out to the school board about some vocational training or at least some curriculum about autonomous vehicles/car programs.
- “Beyond Earth Day: Fulfilling the Promise” – Gaylord Nelson
- Written 30-some years after the beginning of Earth Day
- “You show me pollution and I will show you people who are not paying their own way, people who are stealing from the public, people who are getting the public to pay their costs of production. All environmental pollution is a subsidy.”
— Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
- Parks Commission meeting to suggest renaming Parks and Sustainability Commission
- Goodwill: Bring in your own bag, get 25% off
- Two meetings, one for staff and one for citizens
- No SAV staff went to the staff one (AGENDA ITEM WITH JAY AND MARK?)
- Ramsey County Commissioner is ready to get organics collection across Ramsey County
- Ramsey County will pay for city drop off locations
- ACTION ITEM: Try to find a Ramsey county location in SAV
- Met Council is on board and WSB is in the know given the number of cities they work with being on board
- U of M researcher on autonomous vehicles
- rolling out in 10 years
- autonomous cars won’t need to park
- do not build any more parking ramps
- will be electric
- will need a sort of port so there’s no person needed
- rather than parking lots, drop off lanes
- incentive will be that insurance rates will go up for non-autonomous
- Osseo was present despite being 1 sq mi
- Have we signed up? Do we have two booths? Can we suggest an environment-themed section (with bees)? Solar non-profits (Ask Paul White)? Solar-powered wind turbine display? Solar thing?
- Lona is point person
- What should we do at the booth?
- Something for kids
- Seed packets
- Put environmental related theme booths together
- Electric car show
- Free bike work by Recovery Bikes (William)
- Electric-assist bike raffle
- Transition Towns meeting 7/8/17 – 3pm
- Tim Jordon (NE Transition Town), Michael R.
- Council chambers. CFS Transition Forum
- Invite: Connie Bernardy, A4S, papers, SAV display, etc.
- Be ready with questions
- Free screening of “From the Ashes”
- When: Friday, June 23 at 7 pm
Where: Northeast United Methodist Church
(Corner of Lowry and Cleveland in NE Minneapolis)
What: Free screening of the award-winning documentary, From the Ashes. Open to everyone. The film is 1 hour 20 minutes and will be followed by a discussion. Free popcorn!
- When: Friday, June 23 at 7 pm
- DFL Senate District 41 Advocacy Fair in Fridley: 8/19
- CFS could have a booth
- Northern Spark Festival along the Green Line tonight
Friends of Parks update
- See May notes–maybe start in the fall
- Pollinator Pathway maintenance?
- Future grants?
Scheduling a meeting with Mark/Jay
- Two Tuesdays before next Parks meeting August 22. 7:30 or 8.
- In advance of Sept 5
Social media discussion
- Focus on Facebook.
- Fix Facebook email tie-in